Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let is Snow! For no particular reason, except my sons wedding!

I just have to talk about my sons wedding for a moment...

The holidays are over and I may have gained a pound or two. My youngest sons wedding is next week and I have been frantically shopping for a dress. The issue I have is that there is not a dress out there that will make me look like a size 6. Its too late to diet, and time is of essence. Finally after hours of searching I found the one! It was in my closet all this time. Deep in the back I had a wonderful cocktail dress I had yet to wear.  There was a reason I had bought that dress and now I know. So the next delima was a jacket to wear with it. Again with the shopping...nothing. I then decided to make my own. As I told my Mom this, she instilled a degree of confidence I have yet to overcome. "Are you sure you can do that? I'm not so sure, do you know about edges and lining up and...." Mmm. She must be thinking about my sister. Every time she gets near a fabric shop you can hear the material screaming, "Oh no! She's so close, why does she hate material so much!" You would have to see some of her projects to understand how understated this is. I was the one that took sewing class, so the jacket is beautiful (much to my Moms surprise) and no fabric suffered during the making of this blog.

Back to the wedding. January 14 is going to be an amazing day at Gray Gables Estate. My son (Chris) and daughter in law (Katie) to be are in the capable hands of Genevieve, who will be there for the day of, despite the fact she is on maternity leave. How is that for going above and beyond? I am sure everything will be wonderful, especially since I have my dress figured out. Except...

Next issue - a song for the Mother/Son dance. I looked at so many song lists, but could not find a meaningful song. And then it hit me! Mack the Knife from The Three Penny Opera. I used to sing that song to my boys when they were little, and, I have a whole dance routine, that I made up myself. It involves some hopping and jumping around and imitating a shark biting. They loved it up until they were teens. Not so appreciative of my song and dance skills in front of their friends at that point. I am sure when Chris hears that song it will make him laugh. And YES! I am sharpening up my dance routine just for him. I think it will be a nice way to welcome Katie to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment